Winter 2018 Program Rules and Information
- Most programs begin January 15, 2017
- A $25 withdrawal fee will be charged for any non-medical reasons.
- A 24-hour cancellation period is required for weekly sign-up programs.
- Schedules, rules and regulations are provided by the Tennis Office and will indicate byes or drop dates.
- Match Play program prices are based on 2/3 participation, and also include balls (please return balls to the Front Desk).
- Instructional Drills will run for three, 10 week sessions over the 30 week fall and winter semesters. There will be NO refunds or credits for missed classes.
- In order to participate in these programs, a player must have at least the NTRP level listed and/or the approval by the tennis staff.
Adult Tennis Programs
Monday - Level: 3.0 - 3.5 - 7:00 - 8:30pm - spaces available
Tuesday - Level: 3.5 - 4.0 - 7:00 - 8:30pm - spaces available
Saturday - Level: 2.5 - 3.0 - 2:00 - 3:30pm - spaces available
Monday - Level: 3.0 - 3.5 - 8:30 - 10:00pm - spaces available
Monday - Level: 3.5 - 4.0 - 8:30 - 10:00pm - spaces available
Tuesday - Level: 4.0+ - 8:30 - 10:00pm - spaces available
Thursday - Level: 3.0 - 3.5 - 8:00 - 9:30pm - spaces available
Thursday - Level: 3.5 - 4.0 - 8:00 - 9:30pm - spaces available
Saturday - Level: 3.5 - 4.0 - 2:00 - 3:30pm - spaces available
Saturday - Level: 3.5-4.0 - 10:00am - 12:00pm - FULL/CLOSED
Tuesday AM Drills - Tuesday - 10:00—11:30am - Level: 2.5—3.0
This is a 3.0+/- instructional drill group that focuses on:
- how to concentrate to play at a high level
- increase the quality of your swings
- make better contact more frequently
- reduce chances for injury
- guaranteed improvement
Attendance on a regular basis is advised to get the most out of the program.
Wednesday PM Drills* - Wednesday - 7:00—8:30pm - Level: 3.0—3.5+
An instructional drills program which coaches you on the mental and physical skill to:
- Increase your reaction time
- Move most efficiently to be in the best position
- Prepare and execute your best complete stroke
- Recover to your best court position-
Incorporating the mind and body to work as one will insure the highest rate of development.
Thursday Senior Drills - Thursday - 12:00—1:30pm - Level: 3.0—3.5
Join Jeff Klein in a NEW Senior Drill group on Thursdays from 12 to 1:30pm. The program will improve your understanding of doubles court positioning and strategy. Though designed for Seniors, you should expect to move more than you normally do when playing your matches.
Next Level Clinic - Saturday - 12:30—2:00pm - Level: 2.5—3.5
This class is for players who have been stuck at a certain level for a while and is interested in taking their game to the next level. In this class we will be working on stroke production, consistency, Volleys, overheads serves and returns. This will be a fast paced clinic with lots of drilling and live ball play to take your game to the next level. Come ready to sweat and get better!
Sunday Singles Clinic - Sunday - 11:00am—12:30pm - Level: 3.0—4.0
Want to become a better singles player? Well this is the class for you. We will focus on singles strategy, consistency, serves, returns and a variety of tactics to use during a singles match. This clinic is all live ball play. We will train you with repetition on how to be successful with different skill sets and numerous ways to compete.
Early Bird - Monday—Friday - 6:00—9:00am, Saturday—Sunday - 6:00—8:00am - Level: All
Unlimited - Monday—Friday - 8:00am—4:00pm - Level: All
Ball Machine Gold - Monday—Sunday All Day - Level: All - unlimited use for one year
Ball Machine Family - Monday—Sunday All Day - Level: All - unlimited use for one year
Fall Ladder - Monday—Sunday - All Day - Level: All
One Time Ball Machine Users pay $32 + $2.24 tax per hour; Early Bird & Unlimited Players pay $16 + $1.12 tax per Ball Machine session during their program times
Short Term Programs - Ongoing
Hot Shot - Thursday (monthly) - 7:00—8:00pm - Levels: 3.0—3.5,4.0—4.5
Beginner Drills - Tuesday (6-weeks) 12:00—1:00pm - Level: Beginner
Beginner Drills - Wednesday (6-weeks) - 6:00—7:00pm Level: Beginner
Beginner Drills * - Saturday (6-weeks) - 9:00—10:00pm Level: Beginner
*indicates program is in the bubble.
Aspen Hill Club’s Adult Winter Tennis Ladder
This 15-week ladder begins Monday, January 15th and ends Sunday, April 22nd.
There is a one-time $5 entry fee to join each ladder.
- Men’s Singles
- Women’s Singles
- Men’s Doubles
- Women’s Doubles
- Mixed Doubles
- Top of the Ladder winner in men’s and women’s singles will receive a $100 gift card to the Pro Shop. Doubles winners will receive a free doubles lesson with Tennis Director Terrance Scott
- To sign up you must email Terrance Scott at email@example.com.
- Submit the email you want to use for the ladder and the best phone number you can be reached at as well as which ladder(s) you would like to participate in
- If you are playing doubles indicate your partner
All participants will receive an email asking to reset your password. You will then log in and set the password you would like to use for the online system.
- All matches will be a super 10 game pro set.
- You may only issue one challenge at a time.
- You can only be challenged by one player/team at any given time. This prevents outstanding challenges from accumulating against you.
- You may challenge up to 3 spots.
- If the challenge is successful, you will take the spot of the person you challenge and your opponent will be bumped down 1 spot.
- Both players bring a new can of balls to the match. Use one can for the match and the winner takes the unopened can for their next match.
- If challenged, you will have 3 days to "Accept" or "Deny" the challenge or the challenge will be considered a "forfeit" and the challenger will be granted the win.
- The Challenged player must give a weekday and weekend time to play the match.
- By accepting a challenge, you agree to play the challenge within 10 days after the date of acceptance.
- If you cannot play within 7 days, simply "Deny" the challenge and the challenger will be rewarded the win and can move on.
- If a challenge is accepted and not played within 10 days, it will expire and the challenge will be deleted from the system and will have to be re-issued. Since rankings are constantly changing a challenger may not be able to reissue the same challenge.
Your ladder administrator is Tennis Director, Terrance Scott. You can contact Terrance at 301.598.5200, ext. 121 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.