Fall 2017 Program Rules and Information
- Most programs begin Monday, September 18, 2017. and end on Thursday, January 11, 2018
- Prices listed are for Presidential Members only.
- A $25 withdrawal fee will be charged for any non-medical reasons.
- A 24-hour cancellation period is required for weekly sign-up programs.
- Schedules, rules and regulations are provided by the Tennis Office and will indicate byes or drop dates.
- Match Play program prices are based on 2/3 participation, and also include balls (please return balls to the Front Desk).
- Instructional Drills will run for three, 10-week sessions over the 30-week fall and winter semesters. There will be NO refunds or credits for missed classes. Courts are leveled for all drill programs.
- In order to participate in these programs, a player must have at least the NTRP level listed and/or the approval by the tennis staff.
- No Classes: Thanksgiving weekend: 11/23-24/17, Christmas and New Years Break: 12/24/17-1/1/18.
- Ball Machine Gold & Family Memberships = unlimited use for one year for an individual (Gold) or Family on the same AHC Membership.
- A one time Beginner Drills program available for Congressional Members and LPM’s. Contact Tennis Office at ext. 119 for more information.
Adult Tennis Programs
Match Play Programs
Ladies Singles - Tuesday - 7:00—8:30pm - Level: 3.5—4.0 - 2 spaces available
Men’s Singles - Monday - 8:30—10:00pm - Level: 3.0—3.5 - FULL/CLOSED
Men’s Singles - Tuesday - 8:30—10:00pm - Level: 4.0 + - FULL/CLOSED
Men’s Singles - Thursday - 8:00—9:30pm - Level: 3.5—4.0 - 2 spaces available
Men’s Singles* - Saturday - 2:00—3:30pm - Level: 3.5—4.0 - 2 spaces available
Men’s Doubles - Saturday - 10:00am—12:00pm - Level: 3.5—4.0 - FULL/CLOSED
Sunday Doubles* - Sunday - 6:00—8:00pm - Level: 3.5—4.5 (Contact ext. 121)- FULL/CLOSED
Instructionals Drills - Spaces Available in all Drills Programs!
Tuesday AM Drills - Tuesday - 9:30—11:00am - Level: 2.5—3.0
Tuesday PM Drills - Tuesday - 8:00—9:30pm - Level: 3.5 +
Wednesday PM Drills* - Wednesday - 7:00—8:30pm - Level: 3.0—3.5+
An instructional drills program which coaches you on the mental and physical skill to:
- Increase your reaction time
- Move most efficiently to be in the best position
- Prepare and execute your best complete stroke
- Recover to your best court position-
Incorporating the mind and body to work as one will insure the highest rate of development.
Thursday AM Drills - Thursday - 10:00—11:30am - Level: 3.0—3.5
Thursday Senior Drills - Thursday - 12:00—1:30pm - Level: 3.0—3.5
Next Level Clinic - Saturday - 12:30—2:00pm - Level: 2.5—3.5
This class is for players who have been stuck at a certain level for a while and is interested in taking their game to the next level. In this class we will be working on stroke production, consistency, Volleys, overheads serves and returns. This will be a fast paced clinic with lots of drilling and live ball play to take your game to the next level. Come ready to sweat and get better!
Sunday Singles Clinic - Sunday - 11:00am—12:30pm - Level: 3.0—4.0
Want to become a better singles player? Well this is the class for you. We will focus on singles strategy, consistency, serves, returns and a variety of tactics to use during a singles match. This clinic is all live ball play. We will train you with repetition on how to be successful with different skill sets and numerous ways to compete.
Bargain Programs - Spaces Available in all Bargain Programs!
Early Bird - Monday—Friday - 6:00—9:00am, Saturday—Sunday - 6:00—8:00am - Level: All
Unlimited - Monday—Friday - 8:00am—4:00pm - Level: All
Ball Machine Gold - Monday—Sunday All Day - Level: All - unlimited use for one year
Ball Machine Family - Monday—Sunday All Day - Level: All - unlimited use for one year
Fall Ladder - Monday—Sunday - All Day - Level: All
One Time Ball Machine Users pay $32 + $2.24 tax per hour; Early Bird & Unlimited Players pay $16 + $1.12 tax per Ball Machine session during their program times
Short Term Programs - Ongoing
Hot Shot - Thursday (monthly) - 7:00—8:00pm - Levels: 3.0—3.5,4.0—4.5
Beginner Drills - Tuesday (6-weeks) 12:00—1:00pm - Level: Beginner
Beginner Drills - Wednesday (6-weeks) - 6:00—7:00pm Level: Beginner
Beginner Drills * - Saturday (6-weeks) - 9:00—10:00pm Level: Beginner
*Indicates program is in the bubble